Data Privacy Statement
We take data protection seriously
The protection of your privacy when processing personal data is important to us.
When you visit our website, by default, our web servers save the IP address of
your internet service provider, the website from which you visit us, which of
our websites you visit along with the date and duration of the visit. This
information is indispensable for the technical transmission of the websites
and for secure server operation. There is no personalized evaluation of this
If you send us data via the contact form, this data will be stored on our servers in the course of the data backup. Your data will be used by us exclusively to process your request. Your data will be treated strictly confidentially. Your data is not communicated to third parties.
UBH SOFTWARE & ENGINEERING GmbH
Phone: +49 (0) 9438 / 9499 - 200
The website represents a joint web presence of the member companies of the Group, i.e. UBH SOFTWARE & ENGINEERING GmbH and the affiliated companies. Thus, the visitor may be interested in products and services of member companies of the Group other than UBH SOFTWARE & ENGINEERING GmbH. The data is shared with group companies on the basis of an overriding legitimate interest. The visitor may at any time object to the processing by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Furthermore, the member companies of the Group cooperate in the rendering of various services. In this case, the data is shared with the member companies of the Group when processing an order.
The data may be transferred to affiliated companies of UBH Software & Engineering GmbH. The affiliated companies are:
UBH MECHANICAL ENGINEERING GmbH
Tel: +49 (0) 9438 / 9499 – 200
UBH REAL ESTATE GmbH
Freiherr-vom-Stein Str. 29
Tel: +49 (0) 9438 / 9499 – 200
Personal data is data concerning your person. It includes your name, your
address and your e-mail address. You need not disclose any personal data
in order to be able to visit our website. In certain cases, we need your
name, address and further information in order to be able to provide you
with the required service.
This also applies in case we send you any information material requested or if we respond to your enquiries. In these cases, we will always point this out to you. Moreover, we only store the data you have communicated to us automatically or voluntarily.
If you use one of our services, we usually only collect the data necessary to provide our service to you. We may ask you for more information, which, however, is voluntary in nature. Whenever we process personal data, we do so to provide you with our service or to pursue our commercial goals.
When making contact with us, (e.g. via contact form, e-mail, telephone or via social
media) the details of the person making the enquiry are processed, insofar as
this is necessary to respond to the contact request and possible
Responding to contact requests in the context of contractual or pre-contractual relations takes place for the fulfilment of our contractual obligations or for the answering of (pre)contractual enquiries and, moreover, on the basis of the legitimate interests in answering the enquiries.
- Verarbeitete Datenarten: Types of data processed: Inventory data (e.g. names, addresses), contact data (e.g. e-mail, telephone numbers), content data (e.g. entries in online forms).
- Persons concerned: Communication partners.
- Purposes of processing: Contact requests and communication.
- Legal basis: Contract fulfilment and pre-contractual enquiries (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b. GDPR), Legitimate Interests (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f. GDPR).
Automatically saved data
The provider of the pages automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files which are communicated to us automatically by your browser. These are:
- date and time of the request,
- name of the requested file,
- page from which the file was requested,
- access status (file transferred, file not found, etc.),
- web browser and operating system used,
- complete IP address of the requesting computer,
- data volume transferred.
This data is not merged with other data sources. Processing is carried out
in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate
interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website.
For reasons of technical security, in particular to fend off attempts to attack our web server, this data is stored by us for a short time. It is not possible for us to draw conclusions about individual persons based on this data. After seven days at the latest, the data is anonymised by shortening the IP address at domain level, so that it is no longer possible to establish a link to the individual user. In anonymous form, the data is also processed for statistical purposes; it is not compared with other data sets or passed on to third parties, even in extracts.
When you visit our website, we may store information on your computer in the form of
cookies. Many cookies contain a so-called cookie ID. A cookie ID is a unique
identifier of the cookie. It consists of a string of characters by which Internet
pages and servers can be assigned to the specific Internet browser in which the
cookie was stored. This enables the websites and servers visited to distinguish
the individual browser of the person concerned from other internet browsers
which contain other cookies. A specific Internet browser can be recognized and
identified by the unique cookie ID.
Through the use of session cookies, the responsible party can provide the users of this website with a user-friendly service that would not be possible without the setting of cookies. Without consent, we only use necessary cookies, technically speaking, on the legal basis of legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR.
For sending the newsletter we use the so-called double opt-in procedure, i.e. we will only send you a newsletter by e-mail if you have previously expressly confirmed that you want us to activate the newsletter service. We will then send you a notification e-mail and ask you to confirm that you would like to receive our newsletter by clicking on a link contained in this e-mail. When you subscribe to our newsletter, we store your IP address and the date of subscription. This storage only serves as proof in case a third party misuses your e-mail address to register you for the newsletter without your knowledge or authorization. If you do not wish to receive any newsletters from us at a later date, you can object to this at any time without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic tariffs.
Information duties according to Art. 13 GDPR
1. Which data is processed and from which sources does this data originate?
We process the data which we have received from you in the scope of contract initiation or processing, on the basis of consents or in the scope of your application to us or in the scope of your employment.
Personal data includes:
- Your master/contact data, including for example first and last name, address, contact data (e-mail address, phone number, fax), bank data for customers.
- For applicants and employees, this includes, for example, first and last name, address, contact data (e-mail address, phone number, fax number), date of birth, data from CV and certificates, bank data, religious affiliation, image capture.
- For business partners, this includes, for example, the name of their legal representatives, company name, Commercial Register number, VAT ID number, company number, address, contact data of contact person (e-mail address, phone number, fax number), bank data.
- For visitors to our company, this includes the company, street, postcode, town/city, telephone no., fax no., e-mail address; status of a corona test, name and signature.
- information regarding the type and content of contract data, order data, sales and document data, customer and supplier history and advisory material,
- advertising and sales data,
- information from your electronic communication with us (e.g. IP address, login data),
- other data which we have received from you in the scope of our business relationship (e.g. in customer meetings),
- data which we generate ourselves from master / contact data and other data, e.g. by means of customer demand and customer potential analyses,
- the documentation of your declaration of consent for the receipt of e.g. newsletters.
- photos taken in the context of events.
In addition, we also process the following other personal data:
2. For which purposes and on what legal basis is the data processed?
We process your data in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR; in German: DSGVO) and the Federal Data Protection Act 2018 as amended:
- for the fulfilment of (pre)contractual obligations (Art 6 sect. 1 lit. b GDPR): Your data is processed for handling contracts or for contract handling regarding your employment in our company. The data is processed in particular during the initiation of business transactions and the execution of contracts with you.
- for the fulfilment of legal obligations (Art 6 sect. 1 lit. c GDPR): Processing of your data is necessary for the purpose of fulfilling various legal obligations, based e.g. on the Commercial Code or the Tax Code.
- for the protection of legitimate interests (Art 6 sect. 1 lit. f GDPR): On the basis of a balancing of interests, data processing may take place beyond the actual performance of the contract in order to safeguard our legitimate interests or those of third parties. Data processing to safeguard legitimate interests is effected in the following cases, for example:
- advertising or marketing
- measures for business management and further development of services and products;
- maintaining a group-wide customer database to improve customer service
- in the context of legal proceedings
- sending of non-promotional information and press releases.
- in the scope of your consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR): If you have given us your consent to process your data, e.g. regarding the sending of our newsletters
3. Processing of personal data for advertising purposes
You may at any time object to the use of your personal data for advertising
purposes in whole or for individual measures without incurring any costs
other than the transmission costs according to the basic tariffs.
We are entitled, subject to the statutory requirements of § 7 para. 3 UWG (German Unfair Competition Act), to use the e-mail address you provided when concluding the contract for direct advertising for our own similar goods or services. You will receive these product recommendations from us regardless of whether you have subscribed to a newsletter or not. If you do not wish to receive such recommendations from us by e-mail, you can object to the use of your address for this purpose at any time without incurring any costs other than the transmission costs according to the basic tariffs. A text message is sufficient for this purpose. Of course, every e-mail always contains an unsubscribe link.
4. Who receives my data?
If we deploy a service provider in terms of order processing, we nevertheless
remain responsible for the protection of your data. All contract processors
are contractually obliged to treat your data confidentially and to process it
only within the scope of the service provided. The contract processors
commissioned by us will receive your data insofar as they require the data
for the performance of their respective services. These are, for example,
IT service providers who we require for the operation and security of our
IT system as well as advertising and address publishers for our own advertising
Your data is processed in our customer database. The customer database supports the improvement of the data quality of the existing customer data (duplicate cleansing, moved/deceased flags, address correction) and enables the enrichment with data from public sources.
This data is made available to the member companies of the Group insofar as this is necessary for the processing of the contract. Customer data is stored separately for each company. If there is a legal obligation and in the context of legal proceedings, government authorities and courts as well as external auditors may be recipients of your data. Moreover, insurance, banks, information agencies and health insurance schemes may be recipients of your data for the purpose of initiating and fulfilling contracts.
5. How long will my data be stored?
We process your data until the end of the business relationship or until the expiry of the applicable statutory retention periods (e.g. from the German Commercial Code, the German Fiscal Code or the Working Hours Act); in addition, until the end of any legal disputes in which the data is required as evidence.
6. Will personal data be transferred to a third-party country?
We do not transfer any data to a third-party country on principle. A transfer only takes place in individual cases on the basis of an adequacy decision of the European Commission, standard contractual clauses, appropriate safeguards or your explicit consent.
7. What data protection rights do you have?
You have the right at any time to information, rectification, deletion or restriction of the processing of your stored data, a right of objection to the processing as well as a right to data transferability, and a right of complaint subject to the requirements of data protection law.
Right to information:
You can request information from us as to whether and to what extent we process your data.
Right of rectification:
If we process your data that is incomplete or inaccurate, you may request at any time that we correct or complete it.
Right to deletion:
You can demand that we delete your data if we process it unlawfully or if
the processing disproportionately intervenes in your legitimate protection
interests. Please note that there may be reasons that prevent an immediate
deletion, e.g. in the case of retention obligations regulated by law.
Irrespective of the exercising of your right to deletion, we will delete your data immediately and completely, insofar as there is no legal or statutory obligation to retain data in this respect.
Right to restriction of data processing:
You can require us to restrict processing of your data if
- you dispute the accuracy of the data, for a period of time which allows us to verify accuracy of the data.
- processing of the data is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and instead demand a restriction on the use of the data,
- we no longer need the data for the intended purpose, but you still need this data to assert or defend legal claims, or
- you have objected to processing of the data.
Right to data transferability:
You may request that we provide you with the data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format and that you may provide this data to another responsible person without our interference, provided that
- we process this data on the basis of a consent given and revocable by you or for the performance of a contract between us, and
- such processing is effected using automated processes. If technically feasible, you may request us to transfer your data directly to another responsible person.
If technically feasible, you may request us to transfer your data directly to another responsible person.
Right of objection:
If we process your data to safeguard legitimate interests, you may object to such processing at any time; this would also apply to profiling based on these provisions. We will then no longer process your data unless we can prove compelling grounds for processing worthy of protection, which outweigh your interests, rights and liberties or processing serves the assertion, exercising or defence of legal claims. You can object to processing of your data for the purpose of direct marketing at any time without giving reasons.
Right to legal remedy:
If you are of the opinion that we are violating German or European data protection
law when processing your data, we ask you to contact us in order to clarify any
questions you may have. Of course, you also have the right to contact the supervisory
authority responsible for you, i. e. the respective office for data protection
supervision of the federal state in question.
If you wish to assert any of the aforementioned rights against us, please contact our data protection officer. In case of doubt, we may request additional information to confirm your identity.
8. Am I obliged to provide data?
The processing of your data is necessary to conclude or perform the contract concluded between you and us. If you do not provide us with this data, we will generally have to refuse to enter into the contract or will no longer be able to perform an existing contract and will therefore have to terminate it. However, you are not obliged to give your consent to data processing with regard to data which is not relevant for the performance of the contract or which is not required by law.
in case this should be necessary due to new technologies. Please make sure you
have the latest version. If any fundamental changes are made to this data
protection policy, we will post these on our website.
All interested parties and visitors to our website can reach us regarding data protection issues at:
Mr. Christian Volkmer
Projekt 29 GmbH & Co. KG
Phone: 0941 2986930
Fax: 0941 29869316